Understanding Who You Are


by Jason Grant 

                                                                     


A photo of me jumping with excitement.

Photo by: Latty 

Do you know who you are ? 

Do you know what you're about?  


        Once upon a time I would take what others told me about myself as my reality, not fully 

understanding myself for who I am. My likes, my interest, and my desires were all based on what others 

told me about myself or what they would consider to be within the normative pattern of society for me to do. 

 It wasn't until much further on in my years of development (teenage years) exiting primary school to High 

school is where it all began for me. I hope that you're not misinterpreting my story but that you are on par 

with it. When I say it is "where it all began for me", I mean that I am now amongst peers from different 

backgrounds and who have different experiences. Now being in a new school environment with a little 

more freedom than primary days might have been just what I needed at that time to explore my interests. 

You can imagine, I joined a lot of clubs that I did not know  about before high school, went on field trips 

that would not be allow at the primary level and I was even introduced to new subjects that would later 

had an impact on my next step towards my career. 



photo by: Latty 

Fast Forward to the year 2020 when I took a self development course that helped me to have an even 

deeper understanding of myself , this course has help me in several ways because it forced me to face 

myself address the things that I would consider to be my weakness and my strengths. 


However, you don't need all of that to understand yourself. That was my own unique experience. 

It can be way easier than you think. There are many straggles that you can use to get to understand 

yourself better. Here are few ways that you can do so...

Try to explore new things that you haven't tried before, maybe you have never been to the beach, add it to 

your schedule go and experience it. 

Here's another one, the next time you have a conflict to deal with analyze how you handle that situation

and you will see your true character. 

also, signing up for a self development course is very beneficial, and it can be more effective than the other options.


Thank you for reading my blogs, they are featured on Impacting Jamaica's website. 
check them out they have very informative and entertaining podcast that you can listen. 

                                          https://www.impactingjamaica.com/theblogs 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Plan For Your Year

Creating The Best You

How to make a team work!